When traveling from England to Belgium you have several options to cross the channel. The Eurostar High speed train line is a huge competitor for cheap airline companies such as Ryanair. Make sure to check both options to find the best deal.
Flights between England and Belgium
Several airlines offer flights from England to Belgium. From my experience, the best way to compare rates and find the lowest fare is by using www.skyscanner.net
Flights from London to Belgium
- Brussels Airlines offers flights from London Heatrow to Brussels Zaventem
- British Airways offers flights from London Heatrow to Brussels Zaventem
- Suisse offers flights from London Heatrow to Brussels Zaventem
- Lufthansa offers flights from London Heatrow to Brussels Zaventem
- Cityjet offers flights from London City Airport to Antwerp International Airport.
Flights from Manchester to Belgium:
- Ryanair offers flights from Manchester to Brussels Charleroi Airport
- British Airways offers flights from Manchester to Brussels Zaventem Airport
- Brussels Airlines offers flights from Manchester to Brussels Zaventem Airport
The Eurostar High Speed Train
The Eurostar train connects London and Brussels through the channel tunnel with maximum speeds up to 300 km’s/hour. With a Eurostar ticket you can travel from London to any Belgian trainstation.
Watch out for special weekend deals and make sure to book your ticket a few weeks in advance to get to lowest fare.
For tickets & more info check www.eurostar.com
Travel from England to Belgium by car, motorcycle or motorhome:
If you decide to travel by car, motorbike or motorhome, you can choose to take the Eurotunnel from Folkestone, or take a ferry to France from Dover, Hull or Newcastle. Currently there’s no direct passenger ferry line connection between England and Belgium.
Ferries from England to Belgium
Ferries from Dover:
- DFDS ferry line between Dover and Dunkirk
- DFDS ferry line between Dover and Calais
- P&O ferry lines between Dover and Calais
From Duinkerkque or Calais, you reach Flanders Fields, the historical town of Bruges or the Belgian Coast all in less then 1h30.
Ferries from Hull:
The car travel from ferry port Rotterdam to Antwerp generally takes about 1h30 depending on traffic.
Ferries from Newcastle:
- DFDS runs a ferry line between Newcastle Upon Tine and Ijmuiden, Amsterdam (The Netherlands).
The car travel from ferry port Ijmuiden to Antwerp generally takes about 2h10 depending on traffic.